ClickFunnels 2020 Review
If you’re trying to optimize your online marketing strategy you’re likely looking into sales funnels. Or, at least you should be. At this point, every online marketing expert knows that creating the best 1-page funnel possible is often the key difference between rapid growth and bankruptcy.
How do you go about that, however? Hiring digital marketing experts, graphic designers, and software developers can be very taxing for a small or new business. That’s where landing page builder apps like ClickFunnels come in.
What is a sales funnel?
If this isn’t your first visit here then you likely know what a sales funnel is. If not, here’s a quick explanation.
The sales funnel is the whole step-by-step process of turning a potential customer into actual customers. Everything from the first ad they see to purchasing your product(s). And because that’s usually a multi-step process and fewer and fewer potential customers make it through each step, it’s often visually represented as a funnel.
When it comes to digital marketing, the process is the same, at least in principle. Only instead of optimizing your physical store for “widening the funnel”, you’re optimizing your website and overall digital tools.
That’s where the ClickFunnels app shines and why we thought we’d write this up-to-date 2020 review.
What is ClickFunnels and is it right for your business?
In short, ClickFunnels is a platform that gives you everything you need to market, sell, and deliver your products on the internet. Instead of consulting and working with half a dozen experts, web developers, and graphic designers, ClickFunnels does everything for you in often the best possible way. And as an added bonus – the whole experience is much smoother and easier than you’d expect even if you have little to no technical know-how.
All that being said, if you look at ClickFunnels intro video on their site, they do compare themselves to Apple in terms of how they’ve revolutionized the niche with their innovative product. This is somewhat half-true. While the ClickFunnels app is indeed very popular, effective, and used by over 140,000 users as of the writing of this review, it’s neither the only nor the first landing page builder app out there.
So, what does ClickFunnels have to offer?
- Many different funnel template blueprints for a quick and effective 1-page funnel design. These include sales page funnels, lead capture funnels, event funnels, membership funnels, squeeze page funnels, and others.
- A very good drag-and-drop editor tool. Most landing page builders tend to have clunky and annoying drag-and-drop tools but ClickFunnels is very easy to use even for a novice.
- A wide array of page elements you can use. These include FAQ blocks, surveys, SMS sign-ups, pricing tables, progress bars, countdown timers, custom HTML, and others.
- Emails and Facebook marketing automation.
- Multi-dimensional marketing tools that allow for effective follow-up funnels.
- A very user-friendly dashboard that keeps everything well-organized and intuitive.
- A built-in app training called Funnel Flix which can further help newer users get to know the app and use it more effectively.
- An affiliate program that can be surprisingly effective.
ClickFunnerls offers 3 main pricing plan options:
- The basic ClickFunnels plan costs $97 a month and allows for 20 funnels, 100 pages, and up to 20,000 visitors. It doesn’t include the Follow-up Funnels nor the built-in email service provider, and some other features. We’re not fans of such limits but they can be ok if you only building the sale funnels for yourself. If you’re doing client work, take a look at the other two plans.
- The ClickFunnels Platinum plan costs $297 a month and includes almost everything the platform has to offer, including unlimited pages, funnels, and visitors.
- The ClickFunnels collective plan also has Live phone support, a Funnel Flix All-Access pass, and access to 4 live events a year. It does cost $1,497 a month, however.
There are other payment options too, however, such as the Secrets Masterclass which costs $997 for 6 months (or $166 a month) and includes the ClickFunnels Platinum plan plus some extra stuff. Such options are usually limited time offers, however.
ClickFunnels pros and cons
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of the platform from our point of view.
- Features galore! ClickFunnels does offer a lot of features, most of which are crucial for creating a successful online sales funnel.
- Not only does the platform have lots of functions you can use but they’re all of impressive quality and effectiveness. It’s no accidents that so many of the thousands ClickFunnels users have gone on to create multi-million dollar businesses.
- Good support and great community. The official support’s response time can be several hours but they are usually very good at what they do. Plus, the platform has a huge and very active community that’s always open to help.
- The basic plan would be great for most people if it wasn’t so limited. The Platinum plan, on the other hand, is quite pricey. We’d love to see a fourth plan that’s priced between these two.
- The learning curve is still relatively steep. ClickFunnels is marketed as very user-friendly even for people with no technical abilities. And while it’s true that it’s much easier than what you’d expect, it does have a learning curve so be prepared for that.
Is ClickFunnels a scam?
If you research ClickFunnels a little more you’ll start noticing words like “scam” and “pyramid scheme” popping up – is the platform a scam?
No, it’s not.
However, it is undeniably used by a lot of self-proclaimed online marketing “gurus” who find success through the platform. They then use that success to present themselves as “experts” in front of their would-be-customers even though the platform did their job for them. This is further exacerbated by ClickFunnels’ good affiliate program and award system which further gives such “experts” credibility.
All this doesn’t make the platform itself a scam, however. The fact that some people use it dishonestly doesn’t mean you can’t use it honestly the way it’s intended to be used. And, indeed, most people use ClickFunnels in just that way – as a landing page builder platform to optimize their marketing. We just rarely hear about that majority of users as they just go on with their business.
ClickFunnels is not the only landing page builder out there but it’s definitely one of the best tools for the job. LeadPages, BuilderAll, Kartra, and some others also have their pros and cons but ClickFunnels can rival them in almost all aspects.
If the basic plan suits your needs (and its limitations don’t bother you) we’d say it’s worth it. If you need more, we’d recommend comparing the Platinum plan with similar plans of Kartra, BuilderAll, and LeadPages before committing to a long-term investment. Every business has different needs and every platform offers slightly different tools, quality, and prices. Quality-wise, however, ClickFunnels is up there with the rest of them and even above them in some aspects.
With ClickFunnels you want to make sure you have a good autoresponder. I did a blog post on what I feel is the best autoresponder for any of your needs.